- = Thursday, February 03, 2005 = -

So, Um, I Almost Burned Down My House

Note to self: Do not leave the toaster oven unnatended... ever.

Yea, I am completely aware of the problems my toaster oven has. You press the little toaster lever down, and then... it cooks... and cooks... and cooks. Yea, it never pops back up again. I know this. I have burned my little food projects before because of this. Why do I forget this?

So seeings' the only food in this house is a package of bagels, I of course decided to have a bagel. (Duh, Manda. Where is this leading?) I was very hungry. I skipped breakfast. This was a lunch thing. I took the little bagel out of the package and popped it in the microwave for a defrost. Then took it out after about ten seconds and ripped the half frozen, half hot bagel open and popped it into the toaster oven. I set the desired time temp thing and pushed down the lever. Then I walked over to my computer to turn it on. My intentions were to turn the comp on and then go back and get my bagel.

Yea, I didn't do that. I turned it on. Got on the net. Started updating my virus protection. Looked at my emails. Just generally doing my everyday ruitine. (How do you spell that?) I started noticing that my eyes were getting a little blurry. I didn't much pay attention to that. I have allergies and it happens all the time. Then I noticed that my sight was getting kinda foggy. That happens occasionally, also. Then my dog started whining. I looked down at him and then looked up. The whole place was just filled with white smoke. How the h* did I not notice that?

So I run into the kitchen uttering a few choice words and banged up the switch lever thing. I opened the window door thing and it almost burnt my hand. The whole thing was fiery hot. Ouch. Then I just stood there staring at my black bagels, watching the never ending waves of white smoke it was whaffing out. (How do you spell that?)

A few moments later I snap out of my reverie and start opening windows and such. My brother came home and said, "What did you burn? I know you burned something. I could see you frantically opening windows from accross the street." Then he came in and saw the smoke, and he laughed hysterically at me.

Well, I was still hungry so I got out some more bagels, put them in the microwave, used a couple of knives to pick out the burnt bagels, put the new nice yellow bagels in the toaster oven, and I sat there and stared at those bagels until the edges turned dark like I like it. No cream cheese or jelly. No toppings. Just bagels... There's nothing else in the house to eat... We should probably go grocery shopping (yea, duh)... Can't wait for dinner.

Weight: 176lbs

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Approximately 10:15 PM, February 03, 2005, Blogger Manda thought it fit to add...

Oh, man! LOL

 

<< Home Is That Way Say Somethin'