- = Wednesday, January 26, 2005 = -

Geocities vs. W3C Compliant and CSS

I've spent the last two weeks making one of my websites W3 validated and converting it to CSS at the same time. It took a while, but I made it. My website is completely converted and completely W3C validated. That is, until I uploaded it to my web host.

I really don't understand why geocities insists on closing tags that were never open. Look at any geocities website and you'll see that the server spits out a long list of ending tags. Why is this necessasary? Was there actually some kind of problem that made them start doing this? Did someone just up and decide one day, oh this would be a great idea! I don't mind the advertisements. I really don't. But is it too much to ask for to make the server generated scripts W3C compliant? They should have an option when you first decide to open an account with them that asks " Do you really know what you're doing?" Cause' I do know what I'm doing. I don't need any help from them. I can close my own tags.

I love my new site design. It's so much more professional looking. Visit www.geocities.com/spygirls575/ only if you are a girl.

Weight: 176lbs

Labels: ,