- = Sunday, January 23, 2005 = -

The Lost Kitty

I, of course, just had to tell you about my lost kitty!

I have two black cats. They are brothers and completely opposite of eachother. One is skinny, mean, and so stressed out that he licks his stomach and back legs to baldness. The other is big and fat. He lays around all day and eats anything in sight. Even the dog's kibbles'n'bits. Both are boys. The skinny mean one is named Felix and fatty is named Garfield S.

Well, neither cat has ever been out of the house for more than twenty minutes but yesterday, as we were coming back from getting food, Garfield S ran out of the house and started eating grass by the front porch. It was about six in the evening, and he never returned. Mom and I went out searching for him but it was dark and it was cold and we gave up. I searched a few more times that night but finally went to bed at midnight.

The next day, I took my dog out to search for him. I searched for him for at least an hour. I checked the streets, the bushes, everything. I was in the alley way behind my neighbors house when I spotted what looked like a black trashbag behind their trash can up by their garage. I went up to look anyways. I leaned over the trash can and saw black fur and my heart just hit the floor.

I moved the trashcan out of the way and got on my knees to look at him. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. I just talked to him for a bit. I didn't know what happened to him. He could of gotten in a bite and contracted rabies. I know I should get his shots more often, but he's an inside cat and never leaves the front yard. I also thought he had been hit by a car and dragged himself up behind the trash cans to die. I've had animals that had done that before, back when I lived in the country.

I talked to him for about two minutes. I was just so sure that he was near death. He didn't move any, just looked at me kinda' sad. Then, all of a sudden, he gave a nice big meow, got up, and slowly started walking home.

I've been keeping the other pets from bothering him too much, and of course, made sure he got plenty of food to eat. He missed two meals which is a big deal with that fat cat. I looked up the symptoms for rabies and other potential illnesses and I'm keeping a close watch on him, but he hasn't any symptoms and no visible injuries, so what am I to do? Oh, well.

Weight: 178lbs

Labels: ,