- = Saturday, January 29, 2005 = -

Mmmm... Hot Sauce!

Is my brother a chef? When it comes to hot sauce, he is!

Lots of Exotic peppers + A Few Tomatoes + A Blender + Some time on the fire + A bit of salt for taste = Some yummy green hot sauce! That boy has loved hot sauce since he was two years old. Tears'd be streaming down his face but he'd be wantin' more. Of course, he just has to use me as his taste tester. He comes up with the most interesting recipes. They are always fiery hot, but being the sister of a hot sauce freak gives you some resistance. A friend once dared me to eat one of those habenaros. That's supposedly the hottest pepper in the world. They were amazed I didn't freak out. I didn't tell them that habenaros were a common ingredient in my brother's hot sauce recipes. Hehe. Ok, enough self gloating.

It's almost two in the morning and the brother is cooking up a huge batch of it now. I've already tried a few chip fulls. Hehe. We agreed that it needed a whole lot more salt. It didn't have any. Plus I've got this chest cold, so as soon as I started smelling the onions he was chopping up, I went through a huge coughing fit. Had to take medicine, which I hate. (I have a ridiculous fear of taking common medicines, even Tylenol, unless I'm suffering too much.)

That reminds me of how much I embarrassed myself in church last Wednesday. I stupidly went without taking any meds and went through a whole coughing fit in class. I saw it coming on, and had to go to the bathroom before people started to ask if I was choking. Tears were coming out of my eyes too. They probably thought I was crying from embarrassment. As I was fleeing, numerous people called out to me saying, "You don't have to leave just cause' your coughing!" Oh! So bad. So bad. I never fail to do something stupid/embarrassing/wrong in class. That's besides the fact that I never say anything. I'm so socially inept! Ugh!

Mmmm. I smell that hot sauce. I think I'll go have another few chips...

Weight: 175lbs

Labels: , ,