- = Tuesday, October 09, 2007 = -

Football, Funerals, and Fainting

First of all, let me say, that I am very happy I watched the Cowboys/Bills game tonight.

Those last two kicks, we were all screaming at the TV. It was good. Can't believe we won after all that. Ha.

Went to my great aunt Ruby's funeral today. It was outside in the heat, right before it rained... so also humid. I embarrassed myself sooooo baaaaad. About halfway through the funeral I knew I was going to faint. Then I decided, that no, I was not going to faint. I was going to stand there, and not faint, if it was the last thing I do.

The preacher man droned on and on and on (not talking about Ruby, but trying to save souls or something, hate when they do that) and things were getting brighter and blurrier. The last two minutes of his speech, I was completely blind. Couldn't see a thing. I was standing there with my eyes wide open and all I could see was white.

I told myself over and over, not going to faint, not going to faint, not allowed to faint, DO NOT FAINT. Prayed it, even. And my purse started weighing a thousand pounds, and my back felt like it was on fire. I had a hand on the back of a chair, so I knew when I started swaying that I was in trouble.

Finally the preacher guy was done talking, and I started trying to figure out how I could get onto my knees... because I didn't think I could NOT faint for much longer... and I really didn't want to just fall over. Bout that time my uncle grabbed my arm and started hauling me to his truck. I regained my vision about halfway there. Spent the rest of the time in his truck cooling off while people chatted.

Why do I always have to do something stupid like that? Grrr.

Currently: Sketching character profiles.

Labels: , , ,