- = Monday, October 22, 2007 = -

Candles, Dunes, Cold Weather, and Comic Planning

I went out for lunch today and it was friggin freezing.

I was like, woah, wtf is going on here? Oh yeah, it's October. Bout' durn time we got out of the triple digits. I've got to dig out my long sleeve shirts... and maybe even a jacket. You know, I always remember Halloween as a cold holiday, but I was beginning to wonder.

Anywho... enough about the weather.

Went to West Texas this weekend and got to climb some sand dunes. First time I've been on any kind of sand in my bare feet. You'd think that since I went to Mexico and all, that I'd have managed to walk on the beach without my shoes on at some point, but no. Never have. That was cool. My feet sank in to my ankles. About half a foot under the sand, the sand turned cold and kind of wet feeling. It was nice. I also have a very achy thumb because I lit about three hundred (I'm guessing, felt like a billion) candles with one of those annoying child safe lighters. Oh, I hate those things. Used up three of them lighting all those friggin' things. Did I mention we were there for a wedding? Yeah. It was beautiful. The night was pitch black except for the candles. Then this wind came by and burned out about 95 percent of them all at once. It got dark right quick. I just laughed at that. All that work and boom, gone.

The comic is coming along nicely. I removed all the fantasy parts of it. No stupid faerie blood or magic or anything out of the ordinary. It will be more warrior dramatic with intrigue. Yeah. And I'm feeling better about the entertainment value of the whole piece. It's interesting to me, so hopefully others will find it interesting when it launches.

Progress is great. The chapter summaries for both legends are completely done. The walk through and character profiles are complete up to the midpoint of the first legend. And the script is completely written for the first chapter of the first legend.

And I'm finding it amazingly satisfying to work on this comic. You know that feeling you get when your reading a good book, and your out somewhere doing regular stuff and in the back of your mind, you want to hurry up and get back home to continue reading it. That's how I feel about working on this comic. This is a very good sign, because I don't usually finish projects I start. I just want to get off of this comp and go continue writing the walk through and character profiles.

So script wise, it's solid. I'm only worried now about the art wise. Heh. I've been practicing up a bit, and when I get some solid forms I'll post the character sheets here. Micah, the main dude, is great. I can reproduce his features and his costume in any pose pretty confidently. I'm still not doing facial expressions right, but I've got a book helping me out there. Sarai's costume is good, but I'm still having trouble on her face. I've got her face pictured pretty perfectly in a few sketches but ninety percent of the time, she looks like different people wearing the same clothes. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. But yeah, I'll figure it out. And I haven't even started on all the other characters (and there are tons) but I know what they all look like in my mind's eye.

Currently: Decorating for Halloween... wow I've got a lot of decorations. o_O

Labels: , , , ,